Friday, March 16, 2012

Taco Rice


This post is going to be a short one. I have been asked to jot down the recipe for taco rice. Its the easiest dinner ever. Plus its baby/kid friendly.

Ingredients:
-3 cups white rice (cooked)
-2lbs lean ground beef
-2 packs taco seasoning
-shredded mexican blend cheese
-1 head of chopped lettuce
-3 diced tomatoes (optional)

*If the hubby is gone and its just me and the kids the recipe is 2 cups rice, 1lb beef, 1 package seasoning and 1/2 head of lettuce.

Directions:
Cook the rice according to the package. Cook and drain the beef and follow the directions on the taco seasoning packets. Spread the rice in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the rice and press it down. This step is important if you have babies; the cheese will melt into the rice making it stick together so the rice doesn't go everywhere when tiny uncoordinated hands try to feed themselves. Next, the seasoned ground beef goes on top. Then lettuce and tomato. I say tomato optional because my kids hate tomato there for I can't put it on. I just add it to my own bowl later.
Once everything is layered you can scoop onto plates or bowls. I always serve it with salsa, sour cream, black beans and tortilla chips. This is one meal that we have NEVER had left overs of. Enjoy :)

No comments: