Monday, November 7, 2011

Super easy s'mores bars


Every night right about 8pm, Matt and I decide its the best time to get the munchies. Never fail, especially if we are trying to eat right and diet. We MUST have sweets. Most of the time we wait for the kids to go to bed so we don't have to share tho. :)
Tonight I decided that I didn't want to make something elaborate cause I needed my goodies NOW. Tonights snack is going to be S'mores bars. The website actually called them Holiday S'mores Bars but there is really no 'holiday' to it. Its not green and red. Its not glittery. There are no fireworks. I think I might rename them 10 Minute Monday Night S'mores Bars. Yep.
Here's the recipe:

10 Minute Monday Night S'more Bars

Ingredients

1 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup white sugar
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  • In a medium bowl, combine butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs until well coated. Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate chips, then the marshmallows. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker mixture over the marshmallows and press down with a spatula.
  • Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, until marshmallows are melted.
  • Cool completely before cutting into squares. (which I didn't do because I'm impatient.)

Ps. If they turn out delicious tomorrow you can make 10 Minute Tuesday Night S'mores Bars.

1 comment:

Tall Girl said...

Yum! I really like the name change too ;)